Get the same training at your church that churches such as:
- First Baptist Church, Woodstock, GA, Johnny Hunt, Pastor
- First Baptist Church, Atlanta, GA, Charles Stanley, Pastor
- Springdale Baptist, Northwest Arkansas, Ronnie Floyd, Pastor
- First Baptist Church Orlando, Jim Henry, former Pastor
- Thomas Road Baptist, Lynchburg, VA, Jerry Falwell, former Pastor
There is nothing like a live seminar to motivate and train your people to do their best at Sunday School and small group ministry.
Fee for conferences:
Host pays travel, hotel, and meals. I live in Las Cruces, NM and fly out of El Paso, TX.
In addition to expenses, host should provide an honorarium: $1500 for Sundays. $1000 for weekdays (Friday night – Saturday morning counts as one day). 33% discount for Associations, State Conventions, and other denominational groups.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 575.650.4564
The following conferences are available:
- You Can Double Your Class in Two Years or Less
This is our most popular conference. It teaches the potential of doubling–a group of 10 that doubles every 18 months will reach 1000 people for God in ten years. And, it teaches the possibility of doubling through a hospitality-based approach. Summary: you can double your class every two years or less by inviting every member and every prospect to every fellowship every month.
- Change Your Church or Die
While the majority of churches are plateaued or declining in America, there is a sizable minority that are thriving. This conference is not about any particular change. Rather, it is how to manage change in a local church.
- Teach Like Jesus
It is not enough to teach what Jesus taught, we need to teach how Jesus taught. Jesus’ teaching was mesmerizing. Jesus used stories effectively. Jesus engaged audiences by asking questions. Jesus reduced complex truth down to simple, easy to remember slogans.
- Disciplemaking Teachers
WhereasDouble Your Class emphasizes outreach and evangelism, Disciplemaking Teachers teaches teachers to make disciples, not merely present information. The first half of the seminar explores a nine-point outline of what a disciple is. The second half discusses how to make that disciple.
- 10 Marks of I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. Small Group Leaders
“Incredible teacher inspire hearts; they don’t just fill heads.” That is point #1 of this popular seminar on the craft of teaching. It explores how to use technology to find material that moves hearts. One point of the ten deals with the dream of doubling groups.
- Good Questions Have Groups Talking
This seminar discusses why the discussion method is so effective in making disciples. We are changed more by what we say than what we hear. We explore twelve kinds of question I use every week in writing Good Questions that Have Groups Talking.
- One Magnificent Obsession
This seminar is more motivational and sermonic. It focuses on ten reasons WHY we would give ourselves to the vision of growing groups. The problem in many cases is not that we don’t know how to double a class in two years or less, it is that we are not motivated to do so. This conferences addresses this motivational issue.
- Make Your Group Grow
This is my newest seminar. It is based on a research project where I surveyed 1000 teachers to discover what contributes to the growth of a group. This research-based seminar reinforces much of the theories of Double Your Class with hard data. There were also a few surprises where the research disproved a few things I used to say in the Double Your Class Seminar.
In addition to conferences, I also offer a consulting service for those who want additional help. I will come to your church one week a month for a year and partner with you toward the goal of getting your church on pace to double every five years. Cost is $3000 per trip plus expenses. This can also work as a part-time interim Small Group pastor for churches who are between staff. Call to discuss details. 575.650.4564.
A typical consulting trip would include:
- Friday: Travel / Supper with staff
- Saturday AM: Conference with all teachers/ leaders
- Saturday PM: personal discipling/ coaching with 2 – 3 teachers
- Sunday: attend all services / evaluate. Preach. Train in one Sunday School class.
- Monday: attend staff meeting. Offer suggestions / evaluation from the weekend. Meet with key staff individually.
- Monday – Wednesday: Personal coaching / discipling with 12 teachers.
- Wednesday night: small group training with 12 key teachers.