Other Pastor to Pastor Studies
The Purpose Driven Church
by Rick Warren
Rick Warren, the Saddleback Church, and The Purpose Driven Church have arguable influenced my ministry more than any other single influence. The week I spent at the Saddleback Church Growth Conference absolutely changed my life. I have listened to one hundred or more tapes by Rick and have been blessed by all of them. It is my privilege to invite you to grab 6 - 10 of your minister buddies and study The Purpose Driven Church. Even if you have been to the seminar and read the book, I believe you will be changed through a small group discussion of this classic book.
- The goal of the Virtual.Seminary is to teach pastors to grow churches.
- 20 million Southern Baptists attending Sunday School by the year 2020.
- Double the number of God worshipers at all churches by the year 2020.
- Continue to double the percentage of Christians vss overall population every 20 years.
- Everything rises and falls on leadership. If we are to realize the goals above, it will be because we improve the quality of leadership in our churches.
- There is a fundamental flaw in the way we train leaders in that our training tends to be all top-down, lecture oriented. We need to combine this top-down approach with an interactive model.
- Success is in the details. It is not in the broad principles of church growth; it is in the details implementation of the principles.
- The need of the hour is not just content delivery and skill building. We also need encouragement and love.
- We believe in the local autonomy of Virtual.Seminary groups.
- Virtual.Seminary groups should be growing, inviting, including, multiplying, growing, multiplying groups.
- There is more to church growth than church growth. Five key study areas for the Virtual.Seminary include
- Church Growth
- People skills
- Preaching & Communication
- Spiritual development
- The goal beyond the goal is to create not only bigger churches, but better churches.
- The goal beyond the goal is not only to grow churches but to transform a culture.