When Dawson Trotman passed away he probably left a legacy of discipleship on this earth that will never be matched except perhaps in the life of Jesus Christ Himself. I’ve become a real student of Dawson Trotman and believe wholeheartedly in the methods of discipleship that he taught and emulated throughout his days. He died in Schroon Lake, New York. He died of all things in the midst of an area that he was expert in—he drowned. He was an expert swimmer. The last few moments he had in the water he lifted one girl out of the water. He went down and got the other girl and lifted her out of the water and then submerged and was not found again until the dragnet found him a few hours later. A man named Larsen was on that boat when Trotman died, and he said, “The entire United States Navy couldn’t have saved Trotman that day—it was God’s time.” Time ran an article on Trotman’s life the next week, and they put a caption beneath his name, and it read, “Always Holding Somebody Up.” In one sentence, that was Trotman’s life—investment in people, in honesty and humility, holding them up. Are you doing that? Who are you holding up? Charles Swindoll / Illustrations Unlimited.
- The most important decision of your life
- THE POTENTIAL TO GROW AND THE FREEDOM TO DECLINE
- Baby girls killed by the millions
- God gets us
- Costly grace
- Disobedience and consequences
- Cheap grace
- A CASE FOR CHURCHBNB
- Can I Believe in Life After Death?
- In the presence of Greatness
- Francis Chan: Go Small
- Grace for the Humble
- Francis Chan: Church Practices
- How outsiders evaluate the church
- Fulfilled prophecy
- Do you have doubts?
- Francis Chan: How to do church
- Your prayers have power
- Divergent reactions to the gospel message
- A god of his own making
- Can I trust the Bible?
- God is a promise keeper
- Did Jesus Really Die?
- A Domesticated God
- Why did God kill Uzzah?
- Everything stands or falls on this
- Rethinking the Great Commission
- As long as you are breathing, God has something for you to do
- I am rich and so are you
- Why did God kill Uzzah
- How to make a lesson unforgettable
- Deeper into Jonah
- Why I Believe
- Not God Enough
- The Devil’s Days are Numbered
- How Big Is Your God?
- The Sovereignty of God
- Good Questions 2.0
- If you’re not dead, you’re not done
- Feeling insignificant?
- The biblical view of marriage
- A hunger for God
- What do we know about the Christmas star?
- Christmas Lesson
- The Bible and Depression
- The Love of God
- When Does Life Begin?
- How we got 90% of our visitors to stick
- Overcome evil with good
- Francis Chan Shares his heart for the Church
- What is the slogan?
- Were the three kings kings?
- Your God Is Too Small
- A Good Sunday School Lesson Makes People Laugh
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com