The point is this: I saw more clearly than ever, that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was, to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about was not, how much I might serve the Lord, how I might glorify the Lord; but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man might be nourished. For I might seek to set the truth before the unconverted, I might seek to benefit believers, I might seek to relieve the distressed, I might in other ways seek to behave myself as it becomes a child of God in this world; and yet, not being happy in the Lord, and not being nourished and strengthened in my inner man day by day, all this might not be attended to in a right spirit.Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist.
- The tools God uses to change us
- Rick Warren: Structuring Your Small Groups for Growth
- The gates of hell are not prevailing
- God’s Power to change your life
- SPIRITUAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT
- Evangelicals are thriving, Stetzer says
- Jounaling as a spiritual discipline
- Is the Church Dying?
- Can we trust the Bible?
- Small Groups with Purpose — Rick Warren
- No neutral ground
- Is Christian Living Easy or Hard?
- You. Must. Dethrone. Them.
- The Gospel Made simple
- Savoring the presence of God
- The Biblical Basis for Small Groups — Rick Warren
- The Gospel Made Simple
- How Can I have Peace of Mind?
- What is forgiveness?
- What to do when you are in Jam
- Why Lord?
- How Can I Handle Discouragement?
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com