The point is this: I saw more clearly than ever, that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was, to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about was not, how much I might serve the Lord, how I might glorify the Lord; but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man might be nourished. For I might seek to set the truth before the unconverted, I might seek to benefit believers, I might seek to relieve the distressed, I might in other ways seek to behave myself as it becomes a child of God in this world; and yet, not being happy in the Lord, and not being nourished and strengthened in my inner man day by day, all this might not be attended to in a right spirit.Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist.
- Why is this happening to me?
- The most extraordinary woman
- What is the greatest challenge in translating the Bible?
- What is a kinsman-redeemer?
- A POINT OF ENTRY INTO THE CHURCH
- How Can I Live Above Average?
- Was it right for Rahab to lie?
- Does the NIV Deliberately Mistranslate?
- Hospitality opens the door to uncommon community
- The Power of Small Groups in Christian Formation
- How can I rebound from failure?
- Sarah’s Foolishness
- Why are translations so different and can I trust them?
- Ending well
- Doubling your small groups
- The church’s unparalleled opportunity
- Why are 17 verses missing in the NIV?
- The quiet revolution
- A man can’t just sit there
- Empty chair
- The Centrality of Covenant
- Intended evil becomes ultimate good.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com