Dear Mom and Dad: Just thought I’d drop you a note to clue you in on my plans. I’ve fallen in love with a guy called Jim. He quit high school after grade eleven to get married. About a year ago he got a divorce. We’ve been going steady for two months and we plan to get married in the fall. Until then, I’ve decided to move into his apartment (I think I might be pregnant). At any rate, I dropped out of school last week, although I’d like to finish college sometime in the future. On the next page, the letter continued, Mom and Dad, I just want you to know that everything I’ve written so far in this letter is false. NONE of it is true. But, Mom and Dad, it IS true that I got a C- in French and flunked my Math…. It IS true that I’m going to need a lot more money for my tuition payments. This girl made her point! Even bad news can sound good if it is seen from a different perspective. -Erwin Lutzer, Failure: the Backdoor to Success
- Why is this happening to me?
- The most extraordinary woman
- What is the greatest challenge in translating the Bible?
- What is a kinsman-redeemer?
- A POINT OF ENTRY INTO THE CHURCH
- How Can I Live Above Average?
- Was it right for Rahab to lie?
- Does the NIV Deliberately Mistranslate?
- Hospitality opens the door to uncommon community
- The Power of Small Groups in Christian Formation
- How can I rebound from failure?
- Sarah’s Foolishness
- Why are translations so different and can I trust them?
- Ending well
- Doubling your small groups
- The church’s unparalleled opportunity
- Why are 17 verses missing in the NIV?
- The quiet revolution
- A man can’t just sit there
- Empty chair
- The Centrality of Covenant
- Intended evil becomes ultimate good.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com