Dear Mom and Dad: Just thought I’d drop you a note to clue you in on my plans. I’ve fallen in love with a guy called Jim. He quit high school after grade eleven to get married. About a year ago he got a divorce. We’ve been going steady for two months and we plan to get married in the fall. Until then, I’ve decided to move into his apartment (I think I might be pregnant). At any rate, I dropped out of school last week, although I’d like to finish college sometime in the future. On the next page, the letter continued, Mom and Dad, I just want you to know that everything I’ve written so far in this letter is false. NONE of it is true. But, Mom and Dad, it IS true that I got a C- in French and flunked my Math…. It IS true that I’m going to need a lot more money for my tuition payments. This girl made her point! Even bad news can sound good if it is seen from a different perspective. -Erwin Lutzer, Failure: the Backdoor to Success
- The Dechurched are not atheists
- I am wondering if this would improve our singing in small groups and small churches
- I’m Wondering… What if every group used Meetup?
- I am wondering if this would help to reverse the decline
- When Your Way Isn’t Working
- The practice of godliness
- Through Jesus, shadow Christians experience God’s tender love.
- Shadow Christians are valued by God.
- The Great Dechurching & reasons for hope
- Reversing the Downward Trend
- Jesus wants to know you intimately
- Shadow Christans
- Train yourself to be godly
- Let everything you say be good and helpful
- The Pursuit of Holiness
- Confessions of a people pleaser
- Fellowship and spiritual growth
- Cheap Grace
- The whole point of being a Christian isn’t to act like one. It’s to be one.
- Growing faith isn’t all easy
- Dechurching: what a difference 50 years makes
- How to get for what you ask
- THE KEY TO TRANSFORMATION
- How Do You Know If You’re Really Changing?
- Spiritual Winter
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com