I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: ‘I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.’ That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to. – Mere Christianity, pages 40-41.
- Costly grace
- Disobedience and consequences
- Cheap grace
- A CASE FOR CHURCHBNB
- Can I Believe in Life After Death?
- In the presence of Greatness
- Francis Chan: Go Small
- Grace for the Humble
- Francis Chan: Church Practices
- How outsiders evaluate the church
- Fulfilled prophecy
- Do you have doubts?
- Francis Chan: How to do church
- Your prayers have power
- Divergent reactions to the gospel message
- A god of his own making
- Can I trust the Bible?
- God is a promise keeper
- Did Jesus Really Die?
- A Domesticated God
- Why did God kill Uzzah?
- Everything stands or falls on this
- Rethinking the Great Commission
- As long as you are breathing, God has something for you to do
- I am rich and so are you
- Why did God kill Uzzah
- How to make a lesson unforgettable
- Deeper into Jonah
- Why I Believe
- Not God Enough
- The Devil’s Days are Numbered
- How Big Is Your God?
- The Sovereignty of God
- Good Questions 2.0
- If you’re not dead, you’re not done
- Feeling insignificant?
- The biblical view of marriage
- A hunger for God
- What do we know about the Christmas star?
- Christmas Lesson
- The Bible and Depression
- The Love of God
- When Does Life Begin?
- How we got 90% of our visitors to stick
- Overcome evil with good
- Francis Chan Shares his heart for the Church
- What is the slogan?
- Were the three kings kings?
- Your God Is Too Small
- A Good Sunday School Lesson Makes People Laugh
- Is God pleased with our churches?
- Why Francis Chan Left His Megachurch
- Overcoming doubt
- Francis Chan on Doubling Groups
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com