I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: ‘I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.’ That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to. – Mere Christianity, pages 40-41.
- I’m Wondering… What if every group used Meetup?
- I am wondering if this would help to reverse the decline
- When Your Way Isn’t Working
- The practice of godliness
- Through Jesus, shadow Christians experience God’s tender love.
- Shadow Christians are valued by God.
- The Great Dechurching & reasons for hope
- Reversing the Downward Trend
- Jesus wants to know you intimately
- Shadow Christans
- Train yourself to be godly
- Let everything you say be good and helpful
- The Pursuit of Holiness
- Confessions of a people pleaser
- Fellowship and spiritual growth
- Cheap Grace
- The whole point of being a Christian isn’t to act like one. It’s to be one.
- Growing faith isn’t all easy
- Dechurching: what a difference 50 years makes
- How to get for what you ask
- THE KEY TO TRANSFORMATION
- How Do You Know If You’re Really Changing?
- Spiritual Winter
- Transformed by doing ministry
- Confessions of a control freak
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com