Two things a pastor should be most concerned about are telling his people who they are in Christ and then urging them to live like it. In other words, the pastor helps members of the flock understand their spiritual power, and then he motivates them to use it. Like the apostle Paul in this letter, the faithful pastor seeks to bring his people to the place of maximum power as full-functioning Christians.MacArthur New Testament Commentary, The – MacArthur New Testament Commentary – Ephesians.
- Was it right for Rahab to lie?
- Does the NIV Deliberately Mistranslate?
- Hospitality opens the door to uncommon community
- The Power of Small Groups in Christian Formation
- How can I rebound from failure?
- Sarah’s Foolishness
- Why are translations so different and can I trust them?
- Ending well
- Doubling your small groups
- The church’s unparalleled opportunity
- Why are 17 verses missing in the NIV?
- The quiet revolution
- A man can’t just sit there
- Empty chair
- The Centrality of Covenant
- Intended evil becomes ultimate good.
- The New Covenant
- You can’t fix stupid
- Should the church be involved in politics?
- How Can I Defeat Depression?
- When Life bottoms out
- The New Covenant: The Subject of the Bible
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com