Two things a pastor should be most concerned about are telling his people who they are in Christ and then urging them to live like it. In other words, the pastor helps members of the flock understand their spiritual power, and then he motivates them to use it. Like the apostle Paul in this letter, the faithful pastor seeks to bring his people to the place of maximum power as full-functioning Christians.MacArthur New Testament Commentary, The – MacArthur New Testament Commentary – Ephesians.
- Is the Christian faith a reasonable faith?
- The Law of Training
- What does the Bible teach about the Holy Spirit?
- Jesus’s easy yoke
- The Benefits of Gratitude
- Can Christians be deceived?
- The 21 Laws of Discipleship
- We must choose
- Who was Melchizedek?
- Where did the idea of tithing come from?
- My soul magnifies the Lord
- What does it mean to pray, “Thy kingdom come”?
- What does it mean to repent
- Sheol, Hades, Gehenna
- What does the biblical word hesed (chesed) mean?
- How much is enough?
- What does the Bible teach about the Devil?
- There’s something almost magical about Christmas lights
- What does the Bible teach about demons?
- 21 Laws of Discipleship
- God is the subject
- What does the Bible teach about angels?
- What does it mean to believe?
- Charles Swindoll’s Incomplete list
- Let there be light
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com