D. L. Moody was led to Christ by a man with such a one-track mind, by a man who had a single, unswervable determination to win boys and girls to Christ. This was a man who, having had young Moody in his class for some time, walked into the back of the shoestore one day, where Moody was at work, and said to him, “Now then, Dwight, you’ve heard it long enough; it’s time you accepted Christ.” Moody became a Christian, probably the noisiest and most rambunctious and objectionable Christian the staid church he attended had ever known. He flung himself into the Lord’s work right from the start. He heard someone say, “The world has yet to see what God can do through a man wholly yielded to Him.” He said, “By the grace of God, I’ll be that man.”John Phillips Commentary Series, The – The John Phillips Commentary Series – Exploring Psalms, Volume Two: An Expository Commentary.
- Why is this happening to me?
- The most extraordinary woman
- What is the greatest challenge in translating the Bible?
- What is a kinsman-redeemer?
- A POINT OF ENTRY INTO THE CHURCH
- How Can I Live Above Average?
- Was it right for Rahab to lie?
- Does the NIV Deliberately Mistranslate?
- Hospitality opens the door to uncommon community
- The Power of Small Groups in Christian Formation
- How can I rebound from failure?
- Sarah’s Foolishness
- Why are translations so different and can I trust them?
- Ending well
- Doubling your small groups
- The church’s unparalleled opportunity
- Why are 17 verses missing in the NIV?
- The quiet revolution
- A man can’t just sit there
- Empty chair
- The Centrality of Covenant
- Intended evil becomes ultimate good.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com