In verses 19 and 20, the word bold is used twice. The early church was characterized not only by prayer but by bold prayer. They were winsome and loving, but they were not afraid to be politically incorrect. They were bold because they knew the risen Lord, and that knowledge fueled intense prayers. They asked God for big things, and they asked him for strategic things: that their communities would be taken for Christ, that their churches would be unified, that their leaders would be empowered. If we follow their example, we will be diligently and persistently asking God to bless our pastors, to empower all of his servants, to spread the gospel throughout America and the world, and to make us bold and unafraid. There’s a big difference between praying, “Lord, please help me find a parking place at the mall,” and praying, “Lord, send me into your world unafraid and unashamed to declare your goodness and grace through Jesus.” Our prayers should major on the latter. — Invisible War, The: What Every Believer Needs to Know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare (Chip Ingram)
- Please, Sorry, Thanks
- Creative Ways to Do Hospitality
- Growing Faith
- Why you can’t grow spiritually without your pastor
- Only this can fill the deep emptiness within
- Every person will spend eternity in heaven with Christ and fellow believers or in hell separated from God forever
- The Secret Sauce of Evangelism
- Why it is impossible to grow alone
- The Lost Elder Brother
- 4 ways to deal with disappointment
- Moving the conversation deeper into evangelism
- What does the Bible teach about final judgement?
- Deeper Discipleship
- Let Your Roots Grow Deep
- Madonna’s emptiness — and ours
- THE TWO LOST SONS
- A Personal Example of Life-Change
- Why People Like Jesus but Not the Church
- Make America Dinner Again
- (no title)
- Nudging the conversation toward evangelism
- Do you feel like you are missing something?
- What does the Bible teach about life after death?
- Breaking the Non-Christian Bubble
- Grace and transformation
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com