“How is your spiritual life going?” I used to answer this question by looking at the state of my devotional activities: Did I pray and read the Bible enough today? The problem is that by this measure the Pharisees always win. People can be very disciplined, but remain proud and spiteful. How do we measure spiritual growth so that the Pharisees don’t win? I asked a wise man, “How do you assess the well-being of your soul?” He immediately said, “I ask myself two questions”: Am I growing more easily discouraged these days? Am I growing more easily irritated these days? At the core of a flourishing soul are the love of God and the peace of God. If peace is growing in me, I am less easily discouraged. If love is growing, I am less easily irritated. It was a brilliantly helpful diagnostic to assess the health of my soul. — John Ortberg
- Jesus is in the life-changing business
- Extrabiblical Sources Confirm Jesus’ Identity
- The Power of the Mind in Discipleship
- How beauty points to the existence of God
- The Spiritual Discipline of evangelism
- What if I don’t feel joy
- Who was Jesus?
- The truth about idolatry
- Loving God with Your Mind
- The Greatest Moment In Your Life
- Doubling Groups, Part #7 — Reproduce Your Group
- Emotions are not optional
- The Historicity of Jesus of Nazareth
- If I had my life to live over…
- Doubling Groups 6 Encourage the Group Toward Ministry
- Godliness without the worship of God is unthinkable
- What were we made for?
- Doubling Groups 4k #5 — Giving Friday Nights to Jesus
- God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him
- Why I believe
- Sitting at the feed of our Rabbi
- The second most important spiritual discipline
- Doubling Groups, Session #4 — Invite every member and every prospect to every fellowship every month
- Sacred Pathways
- Knowing God vss. Knowing ABOUT God
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com