Deuteronomy 30:11-20 (NIV) 11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. 12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” 14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it. 15 See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. 16 For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess. 17 But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, 18 I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess. 19 This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
- How can I understand God?
- The Fulfillment of Old Testament Prophecies Confirms Jesus’ Identity
- Why people lose faith
- PURSUING PLEASURE UNDERMINES PRIDE AND SELF-PITY
- What is it like to come to God?
- The spiritual discipline of service
- Pain is God’s megaphone
- The Greatest Mystery of the Christian Fatih
- Jesus is in the life-changing business
- Extrabiblical Sources Confirm Jesus’ Identity
- The Power of the Mind in Discipleship
- How beauty points to the existence of God
- The Spiritual Discipline of evangelism
- What if I don’t feel joy
- Who was Jesus?
- The truth about idolatry
- Loving God with Your Mind
- The Greatest Moment In Your Life
- Doubling Groups, Part #7 — Reproduce Your Group
- Emotions are not optional
- The Historicity of Jesus of Nazareth
- If I had my life to live over…
- Doubling Groups 6 Encourage the Group Toward Ministry
- Godliness without the worship of God is unthinkable
- What were we made for?
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com