On the contrary, we have an income tax structure today that is inherently unjust. We almost never hear anybody discuss this injustice. But when God set up a system of taxation, He did things differently. God said I’m going to impose a tax on my people and it’s going to be ten percent from everybody: The rich man and the poor man are not going to pay the same amount. The rich man’s going to pay much more than the poor man, but they’re both going to pay the same percentage. They’re both going to have the same responsibility. That way the rich man can’t use his power to exploit the poor man, saying, “I’m going to pay five percent, but you’re going to pay fifty percent.” The rich weren’t allowed to do that. Nor were the poor allowed to say, “We’re going to pay five percent and the rich are going to pay fifty percent because they can afford it.” What that is ladies and gentlemen is the politics of envy that legalizes theft. Anytime you vote a tax on somebody else that is not a tax on yourself, you’re stealing from your brother. And though the whole world does it and though it’s common practice in the United States of America, a Christian shouldn’t be caught dead voting to fill his own pocketbook at the expense of someone else. Isn’t that plain? Isn’t that clear? And until we get some kind of flat tax, we’re going to have a politicized economy, we’re going to have class warfare, and we’re going to have the whole nation’s rule being determined by the rush for economic advantage at the polls. Don’t do it. Even if that means sacrificing some benefit you might receive from the federal government. Don’t ask other people at the point of a gun to give you from their pockets what you don’t have. That’s sin.
- Does your group know each other’s stories?
- It’s not about you
- How your group can bless others
- Learning contentment
- Why I am pro-life
- Should Christians Hate? (I’ll bet the answer will surprise you!)
- The Joy of Adversity
- Missional Communities: Clarify the Mission
- An Anchor for the soul
- We are church — Francis Chan
- Missional Communities Eat Together
- What does a missional community do?
- Jesus changes everything
- Culture Shock
- What is a house church to do?
- What is a missional community?
- 6 Personal Benefits of a Small Group
- Rejoice always, really?
- Missional Communities Practice Hospitality
- Find your one thing
- A wretch like me
- The great illness of the church
- Theology matters
- Thinking soberly about death
- When the Enemy Strikes
- Flip-flopping the pecking order
- Obedience is not enough
- God never places you on hold
- The Joy of Community
- Keeping the main thing the main thing
- You have won the lottery
- God loves you. How deeply do you believe it?
- Coffee cup verses
- Multiplying House Churches
- It doesn’t matter what you believe as long as you are sincere… really?
- Are House Churches Biblical?
- Why Do Rock Stars Commit Suicide?
- What does it mean to be in the Lord’s army?
- Learning Contentment
- The remedy to our deepest wound
- Growing In Christ
- House Churches AND
- God’s love will never let you go
- How to confuse an angel
- Hidden with Christ
- God loves you even when he is correcting you
- A New Way to Reach America
- Francis Chan: IS IT TIME FOR A CHANGE?
- To Live Is Christ
- What am I missing?
- God wrote his love in red
- Sincerity is not enough
- Turning Faith Into Passion
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com