On the contrary, we have an income tax structure today that is inherently unjust. We almost never hear anybody discuss this injustice. But when God set up a system of taxation, He did things differently. God said I’m going to impose a tax on my people and it’s going to be ten percent from everybody: The rich man and the poor man are not going to pay the same amount. The rich man’s going to pay much more than the poor man, but they’re both going to pay the same percentage. They’re both going to have the same responsibility. That way the rich man can’t use his power to exploit the poor man, saying, “I’m going to pay five percent, but you’re going to pay fifty percent.” The rich weren’t allowed to do that. Nor were the poor allowed to say, “We’re going to pay five percent and the rich are going to pay fifty percent because they can afford it.” What that is ladies and gentlemen is the politics of envy that legalizes theft. Anytime you vote a tax on somebody else that is not a tax on yourself, you’re stealing from your brother. And though the whole world does it and though it’s common practice in the United States of America, a Christian shouldn’t be caught dead voting to fill his own pocketbook at the expense of someone else. Isn’t that plain? Isn’t that clear? And until we get some kind of flat tax, we’re going to have a politicized economy, we’re going to have class warfare, and we’re going to have the whole nation’s rule being determined by the rush for economic advantage at the polls. Don’t do it. Even if that means sacrificing some benefit you might receive from the federal government. Don’t ask other people at the point of a gun to give you from their pockets what you don’t have. That’s sin.
- The Spiritual Discipline of evangelism
- What if I don’t feel joy
- Who was Jesus?
- The truth about idolatry
- Loving God with Your Mind
- The Greatest Moment In Your Life
- Doubling Groups, Part #7 — Reproduce Your Group
- Emotions are not optional
- The Historicity of Jesus of Nazareth
- If I had my life to live over…
- Doubling Groups 6 Encourage the Group Toward Ministry
- Godliness without the worship of God is unthinkable
- What were we made for?
- Doubling Groups 4k #5 — Giving Friday Nights to Jesus
- God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him
- Why I believe
- Sitting at the feed of our Rabbi
- The second most important spiritual discipline
- Doubling Groups, Session #4 — Invite every member and every prospect to every fellowship every month
- Sacred Pathways
- Knowing God vss. Knowing ABOUT God
- We are duty-bound to pursue joy
- Five benefits of Scripture Memory
- Why Does God Hide Himself?
- Lessons from the burning bush
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com