Ninety-nine percent (99%) said, “I make certain that we set achievable goals, make concrete plans, and establish measurable milestones for the projects and programs that we work on.” Making a difference in many people’s lives seldom happens by accident. It requires an intentionality that involves a purpose and planning, seeking God’s guidance in reaching a lost world for the cause of Jesus Christ. A DM leads his congregation to establish goals, trusting God to empower and stretch the congregation to accomplish what would not likely have been possible without verbalizing new milestones. For example, if the goal is to baptize twelve people this year, then a measurable milestone would be one new believer being baptized each month. Staying ahead of the pace is a cause for celebration. Falling behind the pace serves to urge the leadership to increase efforts seek any and all means to share the gospel with more unbelievers. The DM understands that more people are likely to be reached even if the goal is not surpassed because of the consistent focus on prayer, plans, and the proclamation of the gospel. — Steve Parr
- LIFE WITH A WELL-ORDERED HEART
- You can’t be godly and grumpy
- AN UNDIVIDED LIFE
- Pursuit of Holiness – Chapters 5 & 6
- Sam Chan – How Do I Tell My Friends About Jesus?
- What does it mean to be saved?
- A guaranteed way to improve your teaching
- My grumpy anxiety gave way to peace,
- When neighbors don’t neighbor
- THE GUIDED LIFE
- Pursuit of Holiness – Introduction
- The most important thing
- UNION: Never Alone
- Government doesn’t have the solution
- The Practice of Confession
- ILLUMINATION: A New Mental Map
- Making the world a better place — one neighborhood at a time
- Kevin DeYoung and John Piper on the Pursuit of Holiness (Part 1)
- New Bible Study: Love Your Neighbor
- Glen Scrivener & Sam Chan | Has Christianity Done More Harm Than Good? | TGC Q&A
- Replace grumpy with gratitude
- Leaving Baggage Behind
- How to learn any technology
- Pursuit of Holiness – Chapters 1 & 2
- Seeing God Everywhere
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com