Ninety-nine percent (99%) identified that “Our church has a system to evaluate whether goals have been met or not.” An athlete, employee, or student only knows whether they have met or exceeded expectations if they know what their goals are in advance. DMs understand that the same rule applies inside the church. Ministry may keep one busy but may not produce the fruit God expects of his children. The congregation that aims at nothing will hit it every time. The absence of goals can cause churches and individuals to get stuck in a world of maintenance. Once you can visualize the desired outcome, there is a valid way to determine whether your ministry opportunities are headed in the right direction. DMs want to be sure to follow up on their planning therefore leading the church to make wise choices and setting the standards needed for future planning. The utilization of goals and evaluation is not a secular endeavor but a tool to keep the congregation working at what matters most instead of ministering in general and hoping good things happen. — Steve Parr
- LIFE WITH A WELL-ORDERED HEART
- You can’t be godly and grumpy
- AN UNDIVIDED LIFE
- Pursuit of Holiness – Chapters 5 & 6
- Sam Chan – How Do I Tell My Friends About Jesus?
- What does it mean to be saved?
- A guaranteed way to improve your teaching
- My grumpy anxiety gave way to peace,
- When neighbors don’t neighbor
- THE GUIDED LIFE
- Pursuit of Holiness – Introduction
- The most important thing
- UNION: Never Alone
- Government doesn’t have the solution
- The Practice of Confession
- ILLUMINATION: A New Mental Map
- Making the world a better place — one neighborhood at a time
- Kevin DeYoung and John Piper on the Pursuit of Holiness (Part 1)
- New Bible Study: Love Your Neighbor
- Glen Scrivener & Sam Chan | Has Christianity Done More Harm Than Good? | TGC Q&A
- Replace grumpy with gratitude
- Leaving Baggage Behind
- How to learn any technology
- Pursuit of Holiness – Chapters 1 & 2
- Seeing God Everywhere
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com