Ninety-nine percent (99%) identified that “Our church has a system to evaluate whether goals have been met or not.” An athlete, employee, or student only knows whether they have met or exceeded expectations if they know what their goals are in advance. DMs understand that the same rule applies inside the church. Ministry may keep one busy but may not produce the fruit God expects of his children. The congregation that aims at nothing will hit it every time. The absence of goals can cause churches and individuals to get stuck in a world of maintenance. Once you can visualize the desired outcome, there is a valid way to determine whether your ministry opportunities are headed in the right direction. DMs want to be sure to follow up on their planning therefore leading the church to make wise choices and setting the standards needed for future planning. The utilization of goals and evaluation is not a secular endeavor but a tool to keep the congregation working at what matters most instead of ministering in general and hoping good things happen. — Steve Parr
- I am wondering if this would improve our singing in small groups and small churches
- I’m Wondering… What if every group used Meetup?
- I am wondering if this would help to reverse the decline
- When Your Way Isn’t Working
- The practice of godliness
- Through Jesus, shadow Christians experience God’s tender love.
- Shadow Christians are valued by God.
- The Great Dechurching & reasons for hope
- Reversing the Downward Trend
- Jesus wants to know you intimately
- Shadow Christans
- Train yourself to be godly
- Let everything you say be good and helpful
- The Pursuit of Holiness
- Confessions of a people pleaser
- Fellowship and spiritual growth
- Cheap Grace
- The whole point of being a Christian isn’t to act like one. It’s to be one.
- Growing faith isn’t all easy
- Dechurching: what a difference 50 years makes
- How to get for what you ask
- THE KEY TO TRANSFORMATION
- How Do You Know If You’re Really Changing?
- Spiritual Winter
- Transformed by doing ministry
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com