Ninety-nine percent (99%) identified that “Our church has a system to evaluate whether goals have been met or not.” An athlete, employee, or student only knows whether they have met or exceeded expectations if they know what their goals are in advance. DMs understand that the same rule applies inside the church. Ministry may keep one busy but may not produce the fruit God expects of his children. The congregation that aims at nothing will hit it every time. The absence of goals can cause churches and individuals to get stuck in a world of maintenance. Once you can visualize the desired outcome, there is a valid way to determine whether your ministry opportunities are headed in the right direction. DMs want to be sure to follow up on their planning therefore leading the church to make wise choices and setting the standards needed for future planning. The utilization of goals and evaluation is not a secular endeavor but a tool to keep the congregation working at what matters most instead of ministering in general and hoping good things happen. — Steve Parr
- THE #1 DESTROYER OF FAITH
- Sin is a suicidal action
- One Choice
- The Darwinian Myth
- Discipleship and Mission
- The most important decision of your life
- THE POTENTIAL TO GROW AND THE FREEDOM TO DECLINE
- Baby girls killed by the millions
- God gets us
- Costly grace
- Disobedience and consequences
- Cheap grace
- A CASE FOR CHURCHBNB
- Can I Believe in Life After Death?
- In the presence of Greatness
- Francis Chan: Go Small
- Grace for the Humble
- Francis Chan: Church Practices
- How outsiders evaluate the church
- Fulfilled prophecy
- Do you have doubts?
- Francis Chan: How to do church
- Your prayers have power
- Divergent reactions to the gospel message
- A god of his own making
- Can I trust the Bible?
- God is a promise keeper
- Did Jesus Really Die?
- A Domesticated God
- Why did God kill Uzzah?
- Everything stands or falls on this
- Rethinking the Great Commission
- As long as you are breathing, God has something for you to do
- I am rich and so are you
- Why did God kill Uzzah
- How to make a lesson unforgettable
- Deeper into Jonah
- Why I Believe
- Not God Enough
- The Devil’s Days are Numbered
- How Big Is Your God?
- The Sovereignty of God
- Good Questions 2.0
- If you’re not dead, you’re not done
- Feeling insignificant?
- The biblical view of marriage
- A hunger for God
- What do we know about the Christmas star?
- Christmas Lesson
- The Bible and Depression
- The Love of God
- When Does Life Begin?
- How we got 90% of our visitors to stick
- Overcome evil with good
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com