Ninety-five percent (95%) asked, “What can we learn when things don’t go as expected?” DMs have the courage to reevaluate failed programs or ideas. Failure may not require the congregation to discard the idea but to evaluate whether they have invested in a way that would make it work. Honest evaluation may also lead them to conclude that the idea is not suitable to their context. They are willing to discover and discuss areas to improve, refurbish, recreate, or adopt. They do not “do it because they have always done it” but seek to improve each and every ministry for the gospel’s sake. — Steve Parr
- What is it like to come to God?
- The spiritual discipline of service
- Pain is God’s megaphone
- The Greatest Mystery of the Christian Fatih
- Jesus is in the life-changing business
- Extrabiblical Sources Confirm Jesus’ Identity
- The Power of the Mind in Discipleship
- How beauty points to the existence of God
- The Spiritual Discipline of evangelism
- What if I don’t feel joy
- Who was Jesus?
- The truth about idolatry
- Loving God with Your Mind
- The Greatest Moment In Your Life
- Doubling Groups, Part #7 — Reproduce Your Group
- Emotions are not optional
- The Historicity of Jesus of Nazareth
- If I had my life to live over…
- Doubling Groups 6 Encourage the Group Toward Ministry
- Godliness without the worship of God is unthinkable
- What were we made for?
- Doubling Groups 4k #5 — Giving Friday Nights to Jesus
- God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him
- Why I believe
- Sitting at the feed of our Rabbi
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
For nearly thirty years, Dr. Bill Tolar and Dr. Brian Harbour have helped thousands of Sunday School teachers prepare their lessons by means of video. Each week, they provide an insightful walk through this week's scriptures and provide concrete Bible-to-life application points for you to make with your class this Sunday. Their video lesson previews are available for both the Life and Explore Series materials. We have arranged a special one-month free trial of their videos for anyone who mentions joshhunt.com. Click here for more information or to get your free trial.
Josh Hunt believes in the power of the small group ministry in your church. And, his belief is contagious. In his new book, Make Your Group Grow, Josh presents sound application to easy to understand research that will benefit every size and style of church. Your groups and leadership will benefit from this book.
LifeWay Research, www.edstetzer.com