This book is not about presenting an interesting lesson. It is not about how to cover the material effectively. It is not about waxing eloquent and persuading your class that you are sharp or spiritual or clever or funny. It is not about you at all. It is about your class. Teaching is all about the class. It is about creating a certain kind of result in the student. It is about helping people live a certain kind of life. This life is variously knows and the disciple’s life, the spirit-filled life, the abundant life, the fully devoted follower , the normal Christian life, (Watchman Nee) and many other similar terms. This life is has certain distinguishable characteristics.
● It is about creating people who are hiding God’s word in their heart so that they do not sin against God.
● It is about helping people to know their spiritual gift and minister in the area of their giftedness.
● It is about helping people to develop effective people skills so that they get along with others.
● It is about teaching people to confess their sins one to another that they may find healing. (James 5:16)
● It is about cultivating a fiery hot passion for God.
● It is about helping people to effectively parent their children.
● It is about creating marriages that sizzle rather than fizzle.
Josh Hunt. Disciplemaking Teachers.