A new book I am pleased to be a contributor.
There are at least five keys for a church in similar circumstances to consider in excelling in equipping leaders.
1. Make sure existing leaders and staff are modeling spiritual leadership, including an intentional lifestyle of prayer.
2. Create a disciple-making process that can be clearly articulated by the leadership core.
3. Communicate an expectation that most of your membership will be involved in Sunday school and/or Small Groups.
4. Develop a clear system whereby new members and guests can be plugged into ministry opportunities.
5. Be willing to evaluate your Sunday school ministry to make sure it is assimilating and producing leaders and adjust accordingly.
Steve Parr. (2013). Sunday School that Really Excels.