One of the best ways to lead a Bible study group is through a question and answer approach. It is at least as old as Socrates. We have 100 examples of Jesus—the Master Teacher—asking questions. Here are some examples of questions you can use to teach the Bible:
- How would you paraphrase this passage?
- How do alternative translations translate this verse?
- What does ________________ mean?
- What would you say is the big idea of this passage?
- What does this passage teach us about God?
- What does this passage teach us about ourselves?
- What does this passage teach us about Christian living?
- What does this passage teach us about… prayer… the devil… suffering… the church, etc. ?
- What is the application?
- What other verses speak to this idea?
- What are some stories from the Old Testament that illustrate this truth?
- Why have you known that was an example of ____________ (perseverance, etc.)?
If you would like more questions, check out my lessons at www.mybiblestudylessons.com church plans at around $10 per teacher per year.