- Psalms. Many of the Psalms were designed for worship. Read them and adore God. Read them and change. Read them and be transformed.
- Attributes of God. Meditate on the bigness of God, the goodness of God, the everywhereness of God. Think about the idea that God knows everything. If you put a nail through this book He would know what word and what letter the nail touched on every page. He could tell you the etymology of every word. He could translate every word into any language.
- Names of God. El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty); El Elyon (The Most High God); Adonai (Lord, Master); Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah); Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner); Jehovah-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd); Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals); Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There); Jehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness); Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies You); El Olam (The Everlasting God); Elohim (God); Qanna (Jealous); Jehovah Jireh (The Lord Will Provide); Jehovah Shalom (The Lord Is Peace); Jehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts)
- I can’t prove it, but I believe Jacob was looking at a sunset in this verse: “By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of Joseph’s sons, and worshiped as he leaned on the top of his staff.” Hebrews 11:21 (NIV2011) I picture Jacob looking out at a sunset and thinking about the bigness and beauty of God. I nearly always do that when I look at a sunset. I can’t help myself.
- More than all of the above, nothing tunes my heart to worship like music.
This service is like Netflix for Bible Lessons. You pay a low monthly, quarterly or annual fee and get access to all the lessons. New lessons that correspond with three of Lifeway’s outlines are automatically included, as well as a backlog of thousands of lessons. Each lesson consists of 20 or so ready-to-use questions that get groups talking, as well as answers from well-known authors such as David Jeremiah, Charles Swindoll and Max Lucado. For more information, or to sign up, click here.