All around the world the gospel is spreading and, in many cases, spreading rapidly. They are doing it—pretty much without exception as best I can tell—through House Churches. (See https://www.joshhunt.com/house-churches-and/ ) Perhaps we should experiment with House Churches. But, only if they are biblical, right? Let’s look at what the Bible says:
- Acts 2:46 (NIV) Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts…
- Acts 5:42 (NIV) Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.
- Romans 16:5 (NIV) Greet also the church that meets at their house.
- 1 Corinthians 16:19 (NIV) The churches in the province of Asia send you greetings. Aquila and Priscilla greet you warmly in the Lord, and so does the church that meets at their house.
- Colossians 4:15 (NIV) Give my greetings to the brothers and sisters at Laodicea, and to Nympha and the church in her house.
- Philemon 2 (NIV) also to Apphia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier—and to the church that meets in your home.
Notice the word AND in Acts 5.42. Temple courts AND house to house. I believe that is what we need. Regular churches doing what they are doing, and an army of house churches.
If you are ready to take the next step after prayer, I’d invite you to check out Good Questions Have Groups Talking. If you can ask 20 questions, you can lead a house church. See www.mybiblestudylessons.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter And get a FREE copy of The Effective Bible Teacher
Download your free book here https://www.joshhunt.com/Effective.pdf