- Wisdom is, in fact, the practical side of moral goodness.—J. I. Packer*
- Wisdom is seeing life from God’s point of view.—Bill Gothard
- Wisdom is the ability to apply biblical truths to all life situations.
- For every pound of learning a person has, he needs ten pounds of common sense to know how to use it.—Persian Proverb
- A wise man learns by the experience of others. An ordinary man learns by his own experience. A fool learns by nobody’s experience.—Anonymous
- Many an institution is very well managed and very poorly led. It may excel in the ability to handle each day all the routine inputs yet may never ask whether the routine should be done at all.—Warren Bennis*
- If I could stand for five minutes at His vantage point and see the entire scheme of things as He sees it, how absurd would be my dreads, how ridiculous my fears and tears!—Vance Havner*
- [Biblical] wisdom is always associated the righteousness and humility and is never found apart from godliness and true holiness of life.—A. W. Tozer, in The Divine Conquest
Robert J. Morgan, Nelson’s Complete Book of Stories, Illustrations, and Quotes, electronic ed. (Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2000), 772–773.
We have just released a new Bible study on topic of The Many Faces of Wisdom.
These lessons are available on Amazon, as well as a part of my Good Questions Have Groups Talking Subscription Service. Like Netflix for Bible Lessons, one low subscription gives you access to all our lessons–thousands of them. For a medium-sized church, lessons are as little as $10 per teacher per year.