25 Ways to Win with People, Lesson #12
by John Maxwell and Les Parrott, PH.D.
Good Questions by Josh Hunt
These kind of questions (except with more Bible verses!) are available every week for you to
use during your Bible study time. Lessons correspond with three of Lifeway's series. I have
been doing this for years and more than 2000 lesson are available with new ones added each
week. See www.joshhunt.com/sunday-school.htm for details.
- What have you learned so far? What have you been able to apply so far?
Mine the gold of good intentions
- A lot of what we have said so far could be summarized in two words: be nice. This week,
we get into a more difficult area. What do we do when people disappoint or let us down?
What is your knee-jerk reaction when someone lets you down?
- How do you want others to treat you when you let them down?
- Who can quote the golden rule? (1)
- John Maxwell speaks of how his mother gave him the benefit of the doubt. Was it true of
- Would you say you give your kids the benefit of the doubt?
- Is it more difficult to give others the benefit of the doubt if we were not raised that way?
- Do you believe everyone has honest intentions? Does everyone deserve the benefit of
- If you always believe the best in everyone, won't you get burned sometimes? Is it really
smart to always believe the best in everyone?
- How is it possible to believe the best in everyone if we know that everyone does not
deserve for us to believe the best of them?
- The authors admonish us to "see things from their perspective." Who can give an
example of this? When were you able to do this? What difference did it make?
- Ever wish someone would see things from your perspective? Who has a story about
- Is it difficult to see things from another's perspective? How can we make it slightly less
- What are the benefits to us of seeing things from another perspective?
- How do you want to apply this chapter to your life?
- How can we pray for one another this week?
1. So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up
the Law and the Prophets. Matt 7:12 (NIV)