25 Ways to Win with People, Lesson #8
by John Maxwell and Les Parrott, PH.D.
Good Questions by Josh Hunt
These kind of questions (except with more Bible verses!) are available every week for you to
use during your Bible study time. Lessons correspond with three of Lifeway's series. I have
been doing this for years and more than 2000 lesson are available with new ones added each
week. See www.joshhunt.com/sunday-school.htm for details.
- What have you learned so far? What have you been able to apply so far?
Encourage the drams of others
- Let's look at what the Bible says about dreams and dreaming. Can you think of people
in the Bible who had dreams? Were these people encouraged in their dreams? (1)
- Is it a godly thing that we have and pursue dreams? Are godly people dreamers?
- Let's think about dreaming from the perspective of a John 10.10 (2) abundant Christian
life. Is it possible to live an abundant Christian life without being a person of dreams?
- This chapter has a lot of great quotes about dreams. Skim over the chapter again. What
quotes can you find? What are some of your favorite?
- What are some dreams you have had? What are some dreams you have now?
- Who has encouraged you in your dreams? How so? Who has a story?
- Are you aware of any of the dreams of the people in your group?
- How have you been able to encourage the people in your group to fulfill their dreams?
- What kind of dreams do you have as a group? (3)
- Why is it important that we encourage the dreams of others? (4)
- What are some ways we can encourage the dreams of others? (5)
- What keeps us from encouraging the dreams of others?
- Imagine a group that was encouraging the dreams of each other on a weekly basis.
What would it be like to be a part of a group like that?
- What application do you want to take away from this week's study?
- How can we pray for one another this week?
1. Joseph, of course, comes to mind. I also think of Paul who dreamt of preaching the
gospel in Rome, Nehemiah who dreamt of building a wall and Moses who dreamt of setting a
2. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life,
and have it to the full. John 10:10 (NIV)
3. Do a little vision casting around doubling every two years or less.
4. Because life can be discouraging.
5. Notes. Calls. Email. Think of the love languages.