|Church growth is my passion. I have been a student of church growth for 15 years. This is a new book that builds on and expands on the church growth themes in You Can Double Your Class in Two Years or Less. In several years, I intend to get it published. In the mean time, I want to do what only the Internet could make possible. I want to ask you to review, test drive, try out and give me feedback on this book. I wold to help churches to double every five years by providing and immensely practical, well-tested book. Your participation in this process is requested. As you start to work through the process, let me hear from you. I plan to change this book a thousand times before it hits the general public.|
You Can Double Your Church in Five Years or Less
by Josh Hunt
- The goal of the Virtual.Seminary is to teach pastors to grow churches.
- 20 million Southern Baptists attending Sunday School by the year 2020.
- Double the number of God worshipers at all churches by the year 2020.
- Continue to double the percentage of Christians vss overall population every 20 years.
- Everything rises and falls on leadership. If we are to realize the goals above, it will be because we improve the quality of leadership in our churches.
- There is a fundamental flaw in the way we train leaders in that our training tends to be all top-down, lecture oriented. We need to combine this top-down approach with an interactive model.
- Success is in the details. It is not in the broad principles of church growth; it is in the details implementation of the principles.
- The need of the hour is not just content delivery and skill building. We also need encouragement and love.
- We believe in the local autonomy of Virtual.Seminary groups.
- Virtual.Seminary groups should be growing, inviting, including, multiplying, growing, multiplying groups.
- There is more to church growth than church growth. Five key study areas for the Virtual.Seminary include
- Church Growth
- People skills
- Preaching & Communication
- Spiritual development
- The goal beyond the goal is to create not only bigger churches, but better churches.
- The goal beyond the goal is not only to grow churches but to transform a culture.